Monday, October 13, 2014

6 Amazing years!

This last Saturday was Jeff and my 6th wedding anniversary.   Sometimes 6 years seems like a long time and we have done so many things together, while at other times it seems like just yesterday we were sealed in the temple for time and for all eternity.   Well either way I have loved being married to Jeff and I'm pretty sure he is a fan of me too.  How do I know this?  Well, he took me out to a special dinner to celebrate.  He kept it a secret so I would be surprised.  I was almost certain we were eating somewhere in downtown Salt Lake (that is where most of the fancy restaurants are located, I know, I've had to plan dates too).  We drove north (my guess was still valid) and we drove right into downtown (guess confirmed).  Jeff took me to Spencer's For Steaks & Chops.  It was in the Hilton Hotel.  The food was amazing (we were NOT counting calories that night and It was a good thing I ran that morning).  Here are just a few pictures of some of the things we ate:
My french onion soup had LOTS of cheese!


The mac and cheese had candied bacon.  CrAzY!

Jeff got the cheesecake (and I'm not sure he wanted to share with me)

It looks like chocolate cake but it tasted more like a truffle. Yum!

What is a dinner out without a selfie?!
  Well, it was a nice quiet night with the best guy in the whole world!  I loved that we could spend the night talking and be perfectly happy.  Now next weekend we will be on our anniversary trip (planned by me, I hope Jeff likes it) so let the celebration continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment