Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Frozen Land

This week we went on a hike to Bridal Veil Falls to see what it looked like when it was frozen.  Unfortunately that meant hiking when it was freezing.  I'm not sure it was a great idea but we went anyway.  I was slipping and sliding all over the place.  I had to hold on to Jeff the whole time to avoid crashing and burning every 5 seconds.  Miraculously Jeff was able to walk without slipping unless it was pure ice.  I'm not sure how he did it.  I do have to say it did look pretty cool once we got to the falls.  I'm not sure I would like to do it again, but it is one more thing I can say I have experienced.

The trail


Jeff in front of the waterfall

You could see the river running under the ice.  That was fascinating to see.

The falls

This is me being happy in the frozen land.

This is me being sad about being frozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment