Saturday, June 15, 2013

SCHOOL IS OUT FOR SUMMER!



It was my first week off for Summer break and it was wonderful!  I got to sleep in, clean the house, exercise, and be with family.  Here are some of the highlights from the week.

Cleaned the house and my classroom:
Ok so that may not be very exciting, but it sure made me relax so I could enjoy the rest of my time off.

Exercised:
I have been doing ok at it during the school year, but this week I was consistent and it made a fabulous difference.  I have been stuck at a plato for the last 2 weeks and FINALLY I reached one of my goals.  I have now lost about half of the weight I want to for the year.  So far I am on track and doing well!

Family:
I visited my sister and helped my brother's family (he had a small surgery and his wife is still having pre-term labor).  I love just hanging out and talking with them.  I sure am lucky to have such fun siblings (My brother and his wife are both doing fine).

I also had fun having a girls night with my sister-in-law while Jeff and his brother went out for a boy's adventure.  I am so proud of my new found quilting abilities.  I'm still not amazing but I did the whole thing in one night.  Who knew I could do that!


Keeping the garden growing and playing with the camera:
My flowers and veggies are still growing!  I picked up my camera one afternoon and started to have some fun with taking pictures.  It feels so nice to be able to have some quiet time to do things like that again.


Tomatos

Zucchini

I love my students and I was sad to see them go (I only cried a little this year) but Summer is a great adventure and I can't wait to see what other events will take place!

No comments:

Post a Comment