Sunday, May 26, 2013

May 19th update: A little late I know


We saw Iron Man 3
On Friday, Robyn and I went to see Iron Man 3.  I was disappointed that he wasn't Iron Man as much in this movie, but Robyn really liked that it focused on Tony Stark.  I'm not gonna lie, the army of iron men was the coolest thing ever.

Refinanced The House
We signed the papers to refinance our house this week.  It's gonna save us about 200 dollars a month which is nice.  The weird thing is that we get 1900 dollars back after the refinance.  The finance industry doesn't make sense.  Why don't they just loan me what I need?

Spaghetti Explosion
Robyn had made spaghetti for dinner.  I was trying to clean up and put the food away.  I filled a tupperware with spaghetti sauce and placed it on the counter.  The counter was loaded with lots of crap and I didn't realize how precariously I had placed it.

Naturally, the tupperware went tumbling to the ground.  When it hit the ground it exploded in all directions.  Most of it stayed in the tupperware.  I only lost about 10%.  But I marvelled at how far that 10% was able to travel.  It was all over the floor, the oven, the fridge, the door to the pantry.  I cleaned it up as much as I could, but the refinance guy was on his way and I knew I didn't have time.  I also ran out of paper towels, so I called the job done.

After the refinance guy left, Robyn asked me, "what did you do?"  I just told her the spaghetti sauce attacked me.  Because, let's be honest, that was the truth.


Bree and Sterling (good friends of ours)
Bree and Sterling are moving next week.  (Actually Sterling is staying, but Bree is doing an internship in LA.) Then at the end of the summer, they're moving to Arizona.

We thought it would be fun to go out to dinner with them.  We went to Ginger's Garden Cafe in Springville.  It was really good, and we really enjoyed it.  Right outside was one of the greatest things ever.  We saw this awesome statue of a kid riding a velociraptor.

We had a lot of fun and it was really good to see them.


Weed wacker battle
I fought a great battle with the weed wacker.  It forced me to wear pants.

Note from Robyn:  It has been crazy busy with the end of the school year coming.  I only have 9 teaching days left!  I will become a normal person again when Summer finally arrives.  Until then Jeff will have to do the updating, though his birthday is tomorrow so I may have to post about our epic day.

No comments:

Post a Comment